Saturday, April 23, 2011

GOD TWEETS TOO!

I’m new to Social Media, and I like using Tweetdeck because it’s easy to figure out.  It gives me a variety of  customized panels for what I want to see, and it also allows me to predate & time my Tweets, so updates can be posted when I’m unable to do so, physically.   While scheduling a client’s ad to be tweeted the following day, I remembered that my phone seems to ring the most “on the hour, quarter, and half-hour”, so I scheduled the tweets to go out at extremely odd times throughout the day.

Well, a power greater than I orchestrated the greatest timing of a tweet ever!!  I was asked to join a meeting to discuss ways in which to grow “likes” on Facebook through an upcoming promotion of my client, Trinity Home Design Center, on Froggy Radio, through some spring and summer event sponsorships.  While discussing, and stressing the power behind other social media’s such as Twitter, Twitter Tribes, and Social Networking groups & events, one of my pre-timed Tweets went out.

And then it happened.  The tweet was RTd (re-tweeted)!!  And it had been RTd by a member of the  #FWtribe I had just mentioned I was now part of!    I clicked on his profile… then slowly turned my phone around for everyone to see.  The RTer, @WmJHartman, had at the time, 10,979 FOLLOWERS!  The looks on the faces around the table were priceless.  They immediately understood the power of what just happened.  Trinity could not have achieved reaching over TEN THOUSAND potential customers with their "TREAT YOURSELF THURSDAY" ad so fast and cheaply without the influence of social media and the people moving it!

Many believe you’re not supposed to marry religious things with business, but I don’t act alone.  Never have, and never will.  And I’m telling ya, a miracle happened in the timing of that tweet!  It certainly could not have been orchestrated to happen as perfectly as it did!  I will continue to do three things; 1) Time those tweets between the hour, quarter-hour, and half-hour marks,  2) Be an upstanding tribe member - there's power there, and  3) Continue to trust that source, greater than I, to make things happen!!

1 comment:

  1. Renee,

    Thank you for this post, I love it when I read things like this. Can't remember when it was me that God moved upon to help in such a strange way.

    Your Friend
    Bill Hartman
    twitter.com/wmjhartman

    ReplyDelete

I encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas!